- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search Complete
- ACM Digital Library Portal
Journal articles from the Association for Computing Machinery.
Agriculture journal articles - no full-text in the database (but you can get the full-text elsewhere.)
- Alt HealthWatch
- America: History & Life
- Annual Reviews - Social Sciences
Scholarly reports on important issues and topics in the social sciences. Be aware that your search results will contain content that we don't have access to.
Scholarly articles on anthropology topics.
- Applied Science and Technology Source
- Art Index
- Avalon Project: Documents in Law, History and Diplomacy
Primary source documents from ancient times through the present, having to do with law, politics and diplomacy. From Yale Law School.
- Biography Reference Center
- Bioline International
Open Access scholarly articles from journals published in developing countries, having to do with biology and medicine. From the Reference Center on Environmental Information, Brazil.
- Black Thought and Culture
Non-fiction works written by African Americans.
- Building and Fire Publications
Reports and articles about building and fire safety, from the U.S. government office, the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Business and Company ASAP
Company, industry and market reports. Scholarly and non-scholarly articles on business.
- Business Insights: Essentials
Company profiles, histories and chronologies; investment reports; business news.
- Business Source Complete
- Child Care and Early Education Research Connections
Reports and articles on child care and early education. Evaluate the quality of the content you find very carefully - it ranges from very valuable and high quality to unreliable. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- CINAHL Plus with Full-text
- CollegeSource Online
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)
Articles and reports on theory and research in international affairs (1991 - present).
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- Computer Source
- Conference Board: Business Knowledge Research
Business reports, podcasts and webcasts.
- Congressional Quarterly Press Library
Government policy reports.
- CYFERnet: Children, Youth & Families Education & Research Network
Practical information and research reports about families, young people and community programs. From the University of Minnesota.
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal
Access to hundreds of thousands of Open Access research theses from European universities.
- Directory of Open Access Journals
Full-text, Open Access scholarly articles.
- Discovering American Women's History Online
Primary sources in women's history. From the Middle Tennessee State University.
- Dissertations & Theses: Humanities & Social Sciences
Dissertations and theses.
- EBSCOhost (all of the EBSCOhost databases)
- Education and Information Technology Library (EdITLib)
Articles and conference papers from the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education.
- Education Source
- Electronic Theses Online Service (EThOS)
Search and access tens of thousands of theses from the UK.
- Energy & Power Source
Full-text scholarly, popular, and trade/professional articles about the energy industry including conventional and alternative/green energy sources from both a technical and business point of view. Click here for help using this database.
- Entrepreneurial Studies Source
- Environment Complete
Scholarly articles, books, and reports.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- Faulkner Advisory for IT Studies (FAITS)
Reports in computers, information systems, information technology management.
College login required
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center
Industry overviews, career profiles, scholarships, college academic programs, technical and professional school programs.
- Film Literature Index
Articles in film studies, film reviews.
- FindLaw for Legal Professionals
State & federal statutory law, case law, etc. Free, from Thomson Reuters.
- Gale (all of the Gale databases)
Select two or more Gale databases to search at the same time.
- Gender Studies Database
- General OneFile
Articles in all subjects.
- Google Scholar
Know the title of the article you're looking for? Use this tool to search for it (in quotes.) You can also use this tool to search for scholarly articles across multiple databases and in institutional repositories. Click here for help using this search engine.
Full-text of Harpers Weekly (a famous magazine) from the Civil War period.
- Health Care Innovations Exchange
Reports and updates on developments in the technology, practice and business of health care. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Health Management
- Health Source - Consumer Edition
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- Historical Abstracts
- Humanities Source
- IGI Global
Articles, case studies, book chapters in information science and information technology.
- In The First Person
Letters, diaries, oral histories from around the world (all in English.)
Unlike most databases, JSTOR has plenty of content published before the 1990s, but it does not have full-text for the most recent 2-3 years. Articles in all subjects, but especially good for history, area studies, the arts and humanities, mathematics, environmental science, and. Click here for help using this database.
- LexisNexis Academic
- LGBT Life with FullText
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts with Full-Text
- Literature Resources
Literary criticism and literature articles. Author biographies. Overviews of literary works.
- Making of America
Primary sources in 19th century American social history. From Cornell University.
- MasterFILE Premier
- MEDLINE with Full Text
- Military & Government Collection
- Nathanson Centre on Transnational Human Rights, Crime, and Security
Indexes articles and books on human rights, security, corruption, and organized crime, but has no full text. From York University.
- National Academies Press
Government reports and e-books on topics including the environment, energy, transportation, health and medicine, education, etc.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS)
Summaries (and sometimes full-text) of criminal justice publications. From the U.S. Department of Justice.
- National Fire Codes Subscription Service All Access
Every NFPA® code, standard, and handbook (expert commentary & graphics.)
- National Science Digital Library
Open Educational Resources - Creative Commons licensed teaching and learning resources for all levels of science, technology, engineering, & math education. From the OER Commons.
- National Service Center for Environmental Publication
Full-text publications from the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- North American Women's Letters and Diaries
Letters & diaries from North American women from colonial times to 1950.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Pew Research Center
Information on political issues, attitudes and trends. Pew calls itself a non-partisan fact-tank.
- Points of View Reference Center
Pros and cons articles on social, policy, and cultural issues
Articles in reproductive health. From the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID.)
Indexes articles about the biology of primates. No full-text, but you may be able to find the full-text in other sources once you find a title here. From the National Institutes of Health (NIH.)
- ProQuest (all of the ProQuest databases)
- ProQuest Research Library
Full-text, scholarly articles and other kinds of resources in all aspects of psychology. You can narrow your search down by species, age group, gender, research methodology, etc. Click here for help using this database.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection
- Sage Journals
Scholarly articles in all subjects. Particularly good in business, biology/medicine, engineering, and the social sciences. We do not have access to full-text for all Sage journals. Limit your search to "SAGE Journals Available To Me." Even then, you will only be able to access articles published 1996 or later. Click here for help using this database.
- SciTech Connect
Reports on energy. From the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Social Sciences with Full Text
- SocINDEX with Full Text
Articles and reports in medical research. From the University of Kansas.
- Theses Canada
Search and access thousands of electronic theses from Canadian Universities.
- U.S. Government Publishing Office: Keeping America Informed
Government Printing Office - documents produced by US agencies & departments.
- United States Congressional Search
This specialized search engine searches Thomas, U.S. House, U.S. Senate, Congressional Budget Office (CBO), Government Accountabilty Office (GAO), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Washington Post, etc. From the University of California Berkeley Library.
- Vocational & Career Collection
- Women and Social Movements in the U.S.
Learning resources and primary sources in the history of women's involvement in US reform movements (abolitionism, temperance, suffrage, etc.)
- World Wide Science
Articles in the sciences from US and non-US sources. From the U.S. Department of Energy.