The Information Skills Tutorial
If we could make only one recommendation to our students, it would be to take this tutorial. It steps you through the research process from beginning to end.
- Formulating a research question
- Getting background information with reference books
- Understanding primary versus secondary sources
- Understanding scholarly versus popular sources
- Keywords, boolean operators, and searching in databases
- Evaluating your sources for quality and reliability; critical thinking
- Citing your sources
You can work through the tutorial from beginning to end, or go directly to the specific section that you need.
-Sun: 1-9 pm
800-847-3000, ext. 2222
or Send Email
Using the Library with Mobile Devices
Is the Online Library compatible with my iPad? Kindle? Droid Phone? Blackberry? Other mobile device?
The answer is, it depends on your device and the library resource.
For information about each library database and e-book collection and how they work with mobile devices as well as information on available apps and how to read articles or e-books on your device, please visit http://www.esc.edu/library-mobile