Dictionaries, encyclopedias, atlases, statistics and other reference tools.
These databases allow you to search for your topic across multiple reference sources.
Reference e-books and classics.
Search subject-specific dictionaries, encyclopedias, guides, manuals, handbooks, etc.
- DSM-5 Clinical Cases
Cases are cross-referenced with DSM-5® and help with understanding diagnostic concepts.
- DSM-5 Handbook of Differential Diagnosis
A handbook to help clinicians and students learning the process of psychiatric diagnosis improve their skill in formulating a comprehensive differential diagnosis by providing a variety of approaches.
- DSM-5 The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition
A guide for classification of mental disorders with associated criteria designed to facilitate more reliable diagnoses of these disorders.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)
Search hundreds of subject-specific encyclopedias, guides, manuals, and handbooks.
- Merriam-Webster Online
Dictionaries and thesaurus.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Pro and con essays, primary sources, audio, video and images to support different points of view on controversial subjects.
College login required
- Oxford Reference
Search subject-specific dictionaries with more detailed, complex definitions than a regular dictionary can provide.
- Points of View Reference Center
Pros and cons articles on social, policy, and cultural issues
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Search over 2700 in-depth articles on topics in all aspects of philosophy.
- Routledge Religion Resource
Search dozens of encyclopedias dealing with all aspects of religion.
- Spanish Edition of the Desk Reference to the Diagnostic Criteria From DSM-5
Searching in this box will take you to the E-book Catalog.
To search for reference e-books, put in:
- "small business" AND (dictionary OR encyclopedia OR handbook OR manual OR guide)
- "religion" AND (dictionary OR encyclopedia OR handbook OR manual OR guide)
- "ecology" AND (dictionary OR encyclopedia OR handbook OR manual OR guide)
800-847-3000, ext. 2222
-Sun: 1 p.m.-9 p.m.
-Mon-Thu: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
-Fri: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
-Sun: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.
-Mon-Thu: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
-Fri: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Send Email
Is the Online Library compatible with my iPad? Kindle? Droid Phone? Blackberry? Other mobile device?
The answer is, it depends on your device and the library resource.
For information about each library database and e-book collection and how they work with mobile devices as well as information on available apps and how to read articles or e-books on your device, please visit http://www.esc.edu/library-mobile